r a n d o m

blog? what the hell is a blog???

Monday, March 27, 2006

week 18: never seen a man cry, 'til it was my own eye...

i didn't know what else to title this post. and i'm even just doing this update to keep my mind occupied. hope u feel the tracks, i guess a lot of them are kinda sombre, but thats the mood im in, sometimes u gotta go through that to gain perspective. anyways, here's week 18 of infinity... peace.


T.I. - Live In The Sky (feat. Jamie Foxx)
download it
this is a song off of T.I.'s new 2006 album called "The King", which is definitely an instant classic record. Really nice lyrics, relaxing beat, and Jamie Foxx brings some soul to the hook. "tell God I wanna fly, hope to live in the sky..."


M-1 - 'Til We Get There (feat. K'Naan & Stori James)
download it
kinda more upbeat song by M-1 of dead prez, off his 2006 album "Confidential". K'Naan from Toronto/Somalia rips it with his melody, M-1 laces the track with some good uplifting lyrics and Stori James graces the chorus real nice. "til we get there, i'm on your side, and it can take some time, 'til we win this fight, 'til we get there i am on your side.."


Masta Killa - Love Spell (feat. Dave West)
download it
this is a track off Masta Killa's 2004 album called "No Said Date". it's a nice song for his girl with some classic Wu-Tang style talk and some nice imagery. Dave West really makes this track with his refreshing organic voice on the chorus. "and you can have anything, baby if you roll with me, yea yea yea yea, i choose the best for myself, and that makes u my queen, yea yea yea yea..."


T.I. - Goodlife (feat. Pharrell & Common)
download it
another nice song off of T.I.'s new album "The King". a feel-good song with a nice chorus by Pharrell and some real dope lyrics by both T.I. and Common. "sounds projected, ain't show how affective, lessons learned, sessions turned to life reflected, and everything real in life yo i kept it, they say life's a teacher, ur gonna get tested... i keep tellin myself man im livin the good life..."


Dennis Brown & Gregory Isaacs - Love Me Or Leave Me
download it
two of the masters of reggae, probably two of the best voices to sing reggae music. this track is off of Dennis Brown and Gregory Isaac's 1991 collaboration album called "No Contest". Dennis Brown has the honour of being known as Bob Marley's favourite singer. this track is real nice just to chill to and the lyrics are pretty deep plus the soul is so real.. "love me or leave me, but don't deceive me.. love me or leave me girl..."


Ghostface Killah - Momma (feat. Megan Rochell)
download it
the trumpet that kicks this track off is enough to give you a feel of the entire song.. leading into a really nice piano.. Ghost says it best "this is for all my women.. been goin thru the struggle.. on welfare, livin the rough life.. its gonna be alright..".. wow this track is powerful man.. it's off his 2006 opus called "Fishscale".. dedicated to all the mothers and females out there.. 2nd verse is especially dope.. Megan Rochell lays her vocals so gracefully.. honestly if ur gonna download only one song off today's update, get this one.. "hustlin, strivin, strugglin, survivin, momma, never realizin that u were a diamond, momma, through the sun or the rain, through the pain ima hold u down.. through the good or bad times, i got love for u, through the stress and the heartache, so much love for u..."


Z-Ro - Man Cry
download it
the title of this update comes from this song.. this is a remake of Man Cry by Scarface, which is a classic on its own.. but this one is more on a personal note.. Z-Ro laced this for Scarface's 2006 collabo album called "My Homies Part 2". this is a song to really listen to the lyrics. im gonna just type out the entire song under here coz this is the last track im providing this week. its real talk...

"I greet the Father on my knees,
With a bowed head and a humbled heart, my conversation is have mercy on me please
I just wanna be happy will it come to pass
Fresh out of my mind, been 27 years and every day I've seen is sad
even though I've tried 'til I've cried I can't even stand
Feels like I've died a thousand times but just can't make it man
Ain't nuttin different about me doin dirt
Except I've never crept up on a come up maybe that's why the hustlin hurts
I remember just like it was yesterday I'm 16
Can't find no love can't find no peace I wonder what it means
Could it be because I didn't choose the Devil all the time
I became an outcast to the hood, restricted to my rhyme
Where I could not just live my life without my talent makin danger
Jealousy is now state jail from friends that turned to strangers
They hate me, I don't understand why
I swear I never seen a man cry, 'til it was my own eye

I'm 21 and think I finally got a grip on life
And how bills pay the apartment, a step-son and a step-wife
But without a vehicle it's kinda hard to get around
If i got weed I ride for free if not my partners let me down
So now I'm livin to be one deep so much I'm hatin people
Lookin at everybody, even babies like they Satan people
Nobody understand me, everybody's trippin with me
Wonder why when I gotta ride when none of my people flippin wit me
Too many haters tryin to take a player off his game
Not tryin to be ballerific, I'm just tryin to have some thangs
They're just like crabs in a bucket, these people pull me down
If I didn't have so many obstacles think where I could be now
On MTV or BET or in some magazine
Instead I'm stressin, hooked on codeine, headed to tragedy
Sometimes I think it's better just to die
Because I never seen a man cry, 'til it was my own eye

In the year two thousand six, aint nothin chhanged for Ro
12 albums strong, lookin for dough and yet I'm still po'
Now I done had and I done lost and I done had again
On the verge of suicide, I deeply wish I had a friend
But even still a good samaritan is Z-Ro's way
And with that Christian attitude I caught a homeboy case
I done took too many blows, a punchin bag is how I feel
The deep depression starts to set, sanity's outta here
I start my mission tryin to find my fate
CDC #4 in name I'm feelin oh so helpless in this place
I want revenge it's heavy on my mind but ain't central
Say don't fight evil with evil, try to relax and do yo' time
I heard a voice say there wasn't no need in actin up
Realized I wasn't at peace with God and had to patch it up
Hopin that blessings fall out of the sky
Z-Ro ain't never seen a many cry until it was his own eye..."

1 Comments:

At Tue Apr 04, 09:12:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

props nice site please keep it up thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home